Drytech has developed a range of molded and immobilized desiccants. These products are molded and shaped using a variety of desiccants including molecular sieves and activated aluminas. Organic binders are used in the blending process of molded desiccants to arrive at a net shape molded product providing a robust form similar to that of a thermoset plastic. Organic binders are used in the blending process of immobilized desiccants to arrive at a housed but immobilized or sintered bed. Both processes utilize heat, pressure and vacuum.
Typically immobilization requirements are for extremely harsh vibration environments. One of the by products of this process is that it can provide adsorption maximization by retarding flow through the bed, thus allowing the moist air to dwell over the desiccant longer.
- Polymer: TCP
- Desiccant: Molecular Sieve
- Density: 1.0gm/cc min
- Adsorption Capacity: 18% by weight at 95% RH at 70°C
- Compression Strength: up to 6,000 LBF
- High adsorption capacity, 18%
- Wide operating temperature range
- High strength & stiffness
- Moldable for complex spaces
- Excellent electrical insulator
- Controlled adsorption rate
- Can be reactivated
- Low dusting
- Maximum space utilization